When you voluntarily send us electronic mail, we will keep a record of this information so that we can respond to you. We only collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. Also, when filling out a form on our site, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. In case you have submitted your personal information and contact details, we reserve the rights to Call, SMS, Email or WhatsApp about our products and offers, even if your number has DND activated on it.
Registering for an account
If you register or apply for a program on our website or request information or other resources, we may ask for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, position, affiliation, or other personal information. We may also ask you for other information at other times. We use this information to respond to your inquiries, to customize your experience on the website, to improve our content and to provide you with email notifications related to your interests.
Browsing information and cookies
When you access this website, our servers automatically record information that your browser provides. This may include, among other data, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, device identifiers and location, the date and time of your access, web pages visited, and files accessed. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information. Logs of IP addresses are retained on a temporary basis and then deleted from our system.
When you send an email or other communications to us, we may retain the communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
You should also be aware that, when you voluntarily disclose personal information in discussion groups, that information may be collected by others and may result in unsolicited messages from others.
Use of information
We use the information collected for the following purposes, in addition to those described above: tailoring the website to user needs and improving our service; generating data and reports about usage of the website and its content, including identifying how much of our audience comes from within the Harvard network; supporting the functioning and security of the website; protecting our rights and safety and the rights and safety of others; and research.
We may evaluate site usage by collecting statistics about the behaviour of visitors to this website and analyzing user information and demographics, but only to generate aggregate statistical reports. For this purpose, we may use third-party services to collect such information. We may display this statistical information publicly or provide it to others.
At no time do we disclose site usage by individual visitors or by IP addresses.
Other websites and cookies
This website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
This site has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. However, no such measures are 100% secure.
Contacting this website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, you can contact email@example.com
Changes to this policy
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- The Services you use;
- Requests or questions you submit to us via online forms, email, or otherwise;
- Your participation in contests or surveys;
- Any reviews that you submit about the Services;
- Account registration and administration of your account;
- Uploads or posts to the Services;
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance;
Information about youWhile parts of the Services may not require you to provide any information that can directly identify you by name (such as if you choose to browse the website without logging in), the specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you include:
- Email address;
- Name, if you choose to provide it;
- Log-in credentials if you create a Geeklurn account;
- Billing information, such as credit or debit card number, verification number, zip code, and expiration date;
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us;
- Information about your customer service interactions with us;
- Demographic information such as your gender or other information you choose to provide as part of your Geeklurn profile;
- User-generated content you provide to us, such as when you comment on content on the Services, respond to a survey request, review a class, or participate in the public forums;
- Classes in which you enrol;
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services;
Retention of Your Information
Other uses and disclosures
Cookies and Web beacons
Your Email Address and Mobile Number
Address for privacy questions