Becoming a web developer is one of the trending calls of the era. You code, you design, and you create. Before you step into its technical aspects, you need to prepare yourself with all the relevant skills that go around the subject. Be it a certified Full-stack web development course or self-learning, before getting yourself industry ready to full corporate paradigms, there are certain knowledge basics which you ought to know. let’s see a few of the must-know questions which your interviewer would expect you to answer before handing you over the role.
Q1. What are the key skills that a web developer should know:
Ans: The key technical coding skills that a web developer needs to know are,
Q2. What is the difference between SVG and <canvas>?
Q3. Name some Latest APIS included in HTML5.
Ans: Some latest APIS included in HTML5 are
- HTML Geolocation
- HTML Drag and Drop
- HTML local storage
- HTML Application cache
- HTML Web workers
- HTML SSE
Q4. Which APIS has been removed from HTML5 and through elements they have been replaced?
Ans: The following elements have been removed in HTML5:
- <acronym> is replaced by <abbr>
- <applet> is replaced by <object>
- <basefont> is replaced by CSS
- <big> is replaced by CSS
- <center> is replaced by CSS
- <dir> is replaced by <ul>
- <font> is replaced by CSS
- <strike> is replaced by CSS, <s> or <dl>
- <tt> is replaced by CSS
Q5. What is the difference between Detach() and remove() and empty() in JQuery?
Ans: Detach(): This instruction removes all the selected elements, including child nodes and texts. It keeps data and events intact. It saves a copy of removed item which can be reinserted later.
Remove(): This instruction removes elements, including data and events.
Empty (): This instruction only removes the content from the selected element.
Q6. What is the difference between a front end and back end developer?
Back-end developer: While front end developers deal with the look and feel of the website and convey it to the users, Back end developers do the interfacing between website and server. They build codes which back website server and database systems.
Their role is very crucial and is rooted since the whole reliability of the website depends on them. Imagine you are trying to reach a website, and it shows “404 error”. Yes, that’s what!. This is how crucial it gets when it comes to the back-end. Basically, these developers use coding languages like Java, Python, Ruby and PHP for the purpose.
Q7. What is the difference between HTML and HTML5?
Ans: HTML is known as HyperText Markup Language used to design a web page. HTML5 is the fifth version of HTML language.
- It doesn’t support audio and video with flash player.
- It is compatible with all old browsers.
- It has complicated and long encoding.
- Charset, async and ping are not available in HTML.
- It is less likely to get accurate Geolocation of the user.
- It doesn’t take inaccurate syntax.
- It supports audio and video with <audio> and <video> tags.
- It uses the SQL database and cache to store data.
- It is compatible with all the new browsers like Firefox, Safari, Mozilla.
- It hosts simple and easy encoding.
- Charset, async and ping are a part of its attributes.
- Accurate Geolocation of the user can be tracked using JS Geolocation API.
- It can handle inaccurate syntax.
Q8. Name some web development tools, Web developers generally use?
Ans: Some web development tools that front end developers generally use are
- Sublime text
- Angular JS
- HTML 5
Q9. What do you mean by Doctype?
Ans: Doctype is a document type declaration which is basically an instruction which entails the webpage about the markup language that has been used. It informs about which version of HTML has been implemented.
<h1>My First Heading</h1>
<p>My first paragraph.</p>
Q10. How HTML is different from XHTML?
Ans: XHTML is the Extensible Hyper Markup Text language.
It is more formal, stringent and disciplined than normal HTML.
- XHTML elements demand to be neatly nested.
- XHTML elements should be closed.
- XHTML elements have to be in lower case.
- In XHTML, attributes minimisation is prohibited.
- In XHTML, the attributes have to be within Quotes.
Q11. What are some effective ways to reduce page loading time?
Ans: Few ways through which you can reduce the page loading time are,
- Reducing the image size: Don’t scale the dimensions, but optimise it.
- Removing Widgets which are not required and preventing it from overstuffing the page.
- By compressing and optimising the content.
- It is preferable to place stylesheet references at the top.
- It is preferable to place Script reference below the page.
- Reducing the usage of HTTP requests.
- Reducing 301 redirects.
- It is preferable to cache the web, to reduce the strain on the servers.